Hampton Park Women’s Health Clinic
Hampton Park Women’s Health Clinic are interested in the privacy and safety of our visitors. Our Web site contains forms through which users may request information or supply feedback to us. In some cases, telephone numbers or return addresses are required so that we can supply requested information to you. We may also track where you go or what you read in our Web site so that we can supply you with effective follow up information, but only if you have given us explicit permission to do so by filling out a form that asks you if we may do so.
Google Analytics – Cookies
Our practice is committed to ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
Our practice must comply with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) and this policy is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988.
This policy statements covers the following:
- Why and when we collect your information
- How we use your information
- Disclosure of information
- Accuracy and Access
- How we Protect Your Information
It all comes down to our practice’s wanting to be more than just a medical service provider. Every day we’re using information collected to improve our practice and provide better outcomes. In order to provide you with the health care services that you have requested, we will need to collect and use your personal information.
If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information to us or withhold personal health information from us we may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking.
Why we collect personal information
We collect personal information from you when it is reasonably necessary for us to conduct the services you may need. That means we collect it to supply you with the answers, products and services you have asked for or may require.
Other reasons we collect personal information are to:
- Understand you, and how we can meet your needs now and in the future.
- Develop or evaluate your current and future health.
- Create improved information for our website and other material
- Manage our business/practice
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Claim payment from Medicare and insurers
- Comply with hospital and 3rd party collaborators information needs
- Comply with our reporting and other obligations to third party collaborators or facilities(like assisting medical professionals, theatre staff and post-operative support teams)
- Enable sending correspondence and reports to and from our clinical desktop system to other healthcare providers
- Develop research statistics
The type of information we collect to assist the healthcare team in diagnosing and treating your condition may include:
- Personal information like your name, address, date of birth, gender,
- Your health history, ethnic background or your current lifestyle
- Occupation, employer’s details, interests, payment details, financial information,
- Information about how and where you were referred to us
- Health information including medical results, clinical and medical records
- Family medical history and their details
- Other medical service providers’ commentary, diagnosis and test results
Where we collect information
There are a few different ways we collect this information:
We collect most personal information directly from you. This could include:
- Information from a form online
- In the clinic
- On the phone
We may also collect personal information during our relationship with you. For example, we may collect personal information:
- When you pay your bill or make an appointment
- During a consultation
- Completing a form (online or in the rooms)
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
- Analytics cookies: we use these to gather statistics about our site and apps. For example, they help us monitor how many users are on the site or app, and what sections are most popular.
- Advertising cookies: we use these cookies to improve our understanding of the kind of advertising that may be relevant to your aggregated segment.